[Az-Geocaching] Favorite/ Most unusual/ Most extreme cache

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:57:19 -0700

>From: connie.farquhar@cox.net
>To: <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Favorite/ Most unusual/ Most extreme cache
>Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 05:59:04 -0700
>
>Larry and Gidget did that cache,no way was I going up there. Even Gidget
>came down and left Larry up there by himself to finish. The only way to
>come
>down is on your rearend in which Larry ripped the heck out of his pants.
>--Connie
>Team "Wyle E"

Yea, you and Larry were there about a month before I was. In fact, you were
the last entry in the logbook when I signed it. For yall that are
wondering... the cache Connie and I are talking about is GCH6XF. The cache
is called "A Bit Shaky...". The cache description sums it up pretty well.
Also, the no find log before mine (June 18th) well described the cache
treachery. :)  Ok. It isnt that bad and there are probably tougher caches
out there... but, that is probably the only cache I have ever done that I
really had to put full concentration in every step I took so as not to fall.
It was slippery indeed! I kept saying to myself... "There must be a better
route to this cache, surely I am taking the wrong way!"  :)  Also, being
that it is on a steep slope, the coordinates can be decieving. I found them
to be right on, but as you are climbing toward it, if your GPS doesnt settle
in on it right away (it isnt uncommon for your GPS to be 20' off either way
before settling in on the cache location), this cache can be even more
difficult! Easy to get to a close parking spot and not very far off the main
highway (89A). But, it is a bit of an adventure making the climb to the
cache.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to ‘Dig Yourself Out of Debt’ from MSN
Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx