[Az-Geocaching] Favorite/ Most unusual/ Most extreme cache

Robert & Linda Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:57:31 -0700

--------------060202050406090405020109

My favorite, and the most fun, one that I will remember for a long time was:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gcjq2x
Beat the Heat Event Cache in Prescott  (GCJQ2X)

The most extreme, for me at 62 + years of age and bad knees, was:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gc2127
Dynamite Joe's Frijoles  (GC2127)
Here I did not believe the Terrain  rating and thought there was a
mistake, until the last 100 or so feet.
Boy was that hard, for me at least.

Some of the cachers I met at the Event cache have powerhouse legs and
good knees so you are not effected by large terrain numbers.
Under Extreme, I read about a cache that is under water and requires
SCUBA certification, which I do not have and don't think I will try at
my age.

There are a couple of others that come to mind but these come in first
right now.

Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite

Gale wrote:

> Ok, I've a question for the group.
>
> What is your favorite, most unusual, most extreme cache that you have
> visited or heard about? Please post link if you can.
>
> One odd one I remember, that got pulled, was a cache pinned at the
> bottom of an iceberg from a glacier in Alaska. No one had found it,
> although one team made an attempt at it, before it was archived as too
> dangerous.
>

> Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

--------------060202050406090405020109

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
remember for a long time was:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gcjq2x">http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gcjq2x</a><br>
The most extreme, for me at 62 + years of age and bad knees, was:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gc2127">http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gc2127</a><br>
(GC2127)<br>
and thought there was a mistake, until the last 100 or so feet.<br>
Boy was that hard, for me at least.&nbsp; <br>
Some of the cachers I met at the Event cache have powerhouse legs and
good knees so you are not effected by large terrain numbers.<br>
Under Extreme, I read about a cache that is under water and requires
SCUBA certification, which I do not have and don't think I will try at
my age.<br>
There are a couple of others that come to mind but these come in first
right now.<br>
Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite</font><br>
Gale wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20040717214206.33635.qmail@web54208.mail.yahoo.com">
have visited or heard about? Please post link if you can.</div>
the bottom of an iceberg from a glacier in Alaska. No one had found it,
although one team made an attempt at it, before it was archived as too
dangerous.</div>

--------------060202050406090405020109--