[Az-Geocaching] Premature archival of cache near fire zone (it may not bedestroyed)

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:47:20 -0700 (MST)

> Ken brings up a good point. If it was indeed not burned... it would then
> become geotrash. I have seen many caches archived that thru reading logs
> and
> such, something in the back of your mind says it might still be there. I
> think this one is well within the fire area.. but, again.. you never know
> for sure until it is confirmed.

My first cache, In Hot Water, was burned last year during the Mt. Lemon
fires.  I was going to archive it, but never did.  I am now glad that I
didn't, the cache survived the fire in it's ammo can.  Some of the stuff
melted, but the log book was Ok, as well as many of the other items.  Many
of the people who have since found it, have commented very positively
about the fact that it survived and is a little part of the history of
that fire.