[Az-Geocaching] cache Karma

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:55:43 -0700 (MST)

PThomp,
Brian gave a good description of the term "cache Karma" and why it is
important. There is no hard and fast rule, but just keep in mind the
principle that if nobody hid any caches (or hid anymore caches) then
there would be nothing for anybody to go out and find so they can "get
on the first page", rack up their numbers or whatever the current
goal/obsession is. Then follow your own conscious....if you are
enjoying geocaching, consider contributing by hiding as many caches as
you feel comfortable with. Basically giving back to the hobby.

Prescott (and Phoenix) folks: Dan and I have discussed trying to put
out a few caches up here that can be done in the winter again, like we
did last year. Look for tricky, clever and fun, if we can get to it!

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:24:58 -0700, Brian Cluff wrote:

> PThomp9719@aol.com wrote:
> > Can someone explain the cache karma column and why it seems
heavily
> > weighted for placing caches.
>
> Cache Karma is an attempt to keep the game moving and encourage
people
> to give as well as take.  It started at as a 20:1 ratio... you had
> hide one cache for every 20 you found to keep your karma positive.
At