[Az-Geocaching] Re: Team Rankings

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:15:06 -0800

>From: Brian Cluff <brian@snaptek.com>
>To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Re: Team Rankings
>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:43:19 -0700
>
>Scott Sparks wrote:
>
>>On a related note, if you click on any of the categories on the AZ Stats
>>page, it will sort by that category so, if you want, you can sort by
>>''Score'' or any other parameter.
>
>And... if you click on the date under "first AZ Cache", it will show you
>the stats starting from the day you started.
>I've always been surprised that people haven't been looking at the stats
>based on THEIR start date.  Everyone seems to be obsessed with being number
>one and not even realizing that they are finding cache at a MUCH higher
>rate that a lot of the people on the first page, and if they had started at
>the same time, and had that pace they would be at #1 or close  to it.
>
>For example, click on the first date for Sprocket1980 and you will see them
>(sp)rocket to first palace and they deserve it too by nipping at the heals
>of people that started caching a year or more ahead of them.
>
>Brian Cluff
>Team Snaptek

Yes Brian, that is true. But, a couple of years ago, there were not nearly
as many caches out there. One couldnt go out and do a 60 cache day. Today, a
new team just starting out.. could easily go out and do 60 caches in a well
planned day. I wouldnt doubt if it would be possible to do 100 caches in a
24 hour day nowadays. They have all those urban caches to go after. Heck, if
I was just starting out today.....  every cache I went for on my list would
be no more than a couple tenths of a mile apart!!!!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

High-speed users—be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet