[Az-Geocaching] Team Rankings

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:49:30 -0700

Rob Brinkerhoff wrote:
> Here is a question for the group. Why are teams ranked by the total
> number of caches found? Would not a more valid metric be Score (Totals
> of Difficulty and Terrain Ratings of Found and Hid, as defined
> by azgeocaching.com)?

Well, we had to pick something as a default to sort by, and the number
of caches found is the most basic measurement on there.
I tend to like to see the whole picture though, and thats why you can
sort it any way you could possibly want by clicking on the headers (as
scoot pointed out).  It works best on the team stats page.  Other pages
it sometimes only lets you sort it one way on not at all.  Kinda what
you end up with when your website is a kludge of a whole bunch on
independent programs that were made to work together.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek