[Az-Geocaching] RE: Problems with Mapsource datafile

Koch, Dan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:54:56 -0700

After looking into it further, I've noticed that the previously listed
waypoints correspond to the following caches:

GC0255	ROMERO TRAIL CACHE By WJMYLES
GC06AD	ALBORGS HERMETIC HOARDE By ALBORG
GC072B	PINE TRAILHEAD (MULTI-CACHE) By TEAM CBX2
GC129A	MIND YOUR MINE By TEAM SNAPTEK
GC2ED8	LONE PINE CACHE By TEAM DAAS
GC367A	AGENT POLECAT By TEAM SPIKE
GC3B87	OBSERVATORY CACHE By TEAM A&M
GC462B	COYOTE HILLS CACHE By 97TJ
GC5E41	LUCKY CHARMS By OMNITERRANAUT
GC6382	MIKKIS LAGOON By WHOOVEN
GCA35C	AZ KEYCHAIN CACHE By GEORAPTOR
GCB3C9	CONCHO FALLS By TEAM GEOTREK
GCBA07	COYOTE HILLS TOO !!! By 97TJ
GCE917	HERES JOHNNY By AZMARK
GCA292	CANYON LOOP CACHE By WMNMBA

These caches don't have the descriptions when the team-specific Mapsource
waypoint file is downloaded.  They also don't have the correct information
in the 'Status' column of the team-specific comma separated values file.
I'm guessing those two things are related some how.

Also, the following caches are appearing as 'Not Found' instead of 'Found':
GC3FFB	YELLOW JEEP FEVER by CBX2

Interesting note about the Yellow Jeep Fever cache...it looks like
Geocaching.com has "lost" a bunch of logs from that cache.  The cache was
hidden on 3/6/02 and the first find listed is for sometime in 2003, varying
with each page refresh.  The archived copy on AZGeocaching.com has a first
find date of 1/26/03.  I know for a fact that there were finds between
3/6/02 and 9/6/03...Wyle E himself (themselves?) was one of the first
finders!  My find still shows up on 'My Cache Page' but I can't get to it
via the cache page itself.

Anyway...anyone else having the same/similar things happen in their waypoint
files or doesn't anyone use them anymore?

LazyK - Dan