[Az-Geocaching] Used Garmin Extrex Legend/Vista?

William Noll listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:41:15 -0700

This got me curious...

I could not find any screws or anything obvious either, without peeling back
the rubber (on my Vista)

Okay.... Did you try fresh batteries? That's step one in the troubleshooting
section. Perhaps removing them for a while will help reset it.

Did you recreate the event? Sometimes dropping and striking something will
jar it back into operation (Fonzi principle).

Try an alternate power supply (the cigarette lighter adapter) to see if the
battery portion of the system is the problem.

Try connecting it to a PC to see if the problem is with the display portion
of the system (the PC will show the coordinates if the screen is dead).

Good luck.

Does anyone who uses the Garmin Legend or Vista have any suggestions for
possible fixes? The unit simply does not turn on. Is it easy to open up and
attempt to fix it (cant go wrong! It already dont work!). I dont see any
screws to open it up. Is it glued together or are the top and bottm clipped
in there somehow? Anyone ever taken one apart? :) Maybe it is a simply
sautering job.