[Az-Geocaching] Stat problems

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:55:46 -0700

Art wrote:
> I am new to caching, but a long time perl coder.  Have you asked
> geocaching.com about the possibility of a nightly XML dump, or a .net/SOAP
> interface?

Yes.. over and over again..  They either say no, or promise the
possibility of it in the distant future.
Until then, we'll have to continue to pull a couple hundred megs of web
pages off their site to get about 10 meg worth of data.  It would really
be worth their time and save them some money to just give us a data export.
I think at this point, it's just about control of the data.... They
could continue to have that with a license agreement, but oh well.

Brian Cluff