[Az-Geocaching] Question about Event Caching

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:06:04 -0700 (MST)

OK, here is the more than 25 words version....

(First, I said the BEST way to attend an Event Cache (when you have
scheduling conflicts) is to plan it yourself....then it is on your
schedule.)

All you need to do is pick out a time and a place (the place is
usually the hardest) and make the time far enough in advance, at least
2 weeks, so people can get the word and plan for it.

Up in Prescott, you will need to be aware of weather concerns. Summer
Event Caches are easy ... monsoons taken into account of course....
(outdoor locations like a park, Lynx Lake) and often well attended by
our locals and a few flatlanders escaping the heat.

In the winter, try a restaurant that will let you use their banquet
room for free (we all eat there, like for breakfast or lunch). Lincoln
did this last time and it was a great success. Also, the Posse
HeadQuarters is available for events and if I reserve it, it is free.
It has plenty of space, bathrooms, full kitchen, porch and BBQ areas.
Let me know if you want to try that and I can coordinate with you.

If you plan the event around a meal, not much else is needed, except a
"log" to sign in. You can also have a cache for trading, travel bugs,
door prizes, just about any fun idea. It can be a themed Event too, if
around a holiday or something. That is the beauty of doing it
yourself, you can do what you want.

Then, post a page online as if you were posting a new cache (if you
need help with that let me know.) On that page, give the location,
time frame (start and how long it will last) and any events planned
for that time. Then post the waypoint and a note on the list serv, and
teams will usually "sign up" on the Event Cache page in the form of a
note if they are planning to come (or not). After the event, teams can
log a "find".

Did I miss anything anyone?

Bob, I will be happy to help you if needed, but I have not had the
time to do all the planning myself at this time.

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:58:58 -0700, Robert & Linda Smith wrote:

> Can someone tell me in 25 words or less how to set up an Even
Cache??