[Az-Geocaching] No Tresspassing Signs

Gale listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:13:18 -0800 (PST)

--0-2001117847-1077009198=:22677

Some time ago, months in fact, we went there and saw the signs, We emailed the owners and asked whether or not it was legal, if they had permission. We never recieved a response. At the time, I think, geocaching. com ignored it as well, but I dont remember. It was last spring. Needless to say, there is not a find log on there from us.

RAND HARDIN <RHrdn8@msn.com> wrote:Denny,

Glad to see that you're still around!  Missed your caches and input.

You're correct in posting your note on the cache page about the "NO TRESSPASSING" signs at the cache site.  We as geocachers have a responsibility to be sure that the rules are followed.

The cache, "A Brick In Stalingrad" (GCE770) is almost 11 months old and has 70 logs.  I was the second visitor to the cache and I remember it well.  I had to park around the corner from the park due to "no parking" being allowed on the main street next to the cache site.  I believe the park was fairly new at the time of the cache placement.  I know that if I had seen a "NO TRESSPASSING" sign I would have posted a note on the cache page.  I know that other high profile cachers would have done the same.  It's possible that the signs were not posted until recently.

Since there are "NO TRESSPASSING" signs posted at the park, I agree with your note for the cache to be archived.

Rand (RandMan)

----- Original Message -----
From: Ford, Denny
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 4:24 PM
To: 'listserv@azgeocaching.com'
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] No Tresspassing Signs

 I know that I have been out of the loop in Geocaching for a while, but since when is it ok to place a cache in an area clearly marked NO Trespassing.  Refer to cache GCE770- A Brick In Stalingrad.  I tried to visit this cache on January 31st, and within 200 feet of where the cache should have been was not one but two NO Trespassing signs.  I am sorry but this is what gives Geocachers a bad name, as bad as the Geotrashers we were label by the Arizona Repulsive article.  Am I totally off base?  This one happened to be on my way home, but if this would have been out where I drove miles to get to it and find out it was on private property I would have been irritated to say the least.  I have seen a  few caches lately place in community areas where the No Trespassing signs say for residents of HOA only but no permissions are posted on the websites.  I want to hear the feelings of others .

Ok I am down from my soap box, and have taken long breaths and counted to 10.

Annoyed Tres Hombre

Denny

--0-2001117847-1077009198=:22677

<DIV>Some time ago, months in fact, we went there and saw the signs, We emailed the owners and asked whether or not it was legal, if they had permission. We never recieved a response. At the time, I think, geocaching. com ignored it as well, but I dont remember. It was last spring. Needless to say, there is not a find log on there from us.<BR><BR><B><I>RAND HARDIN &lt;RHrdn8@msn.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>Denny,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Glad to see that you're still around!&nbsp; Missed your caches and input.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You're correct in posting your <EM>note</EM> on the cache page about the "NO TRESSPASSING" signs at the cache site.&nbsp; We as geocachers have a responsibility to be sure that the rules are followed.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The cache, <STRONG>"A Brick In Stalingrad"</STRONG> <STRONG>(GCE770)</STRONG>&nbsp;is almost 11 months old and has 70 logs.&nbsp; I was the second visitor to the cache and I remember&nbsp;it well.&nbsp; I had to park around the corner from the park due to&nbsp;"no parking" being allowed on the main street next to the cache site.&nbsp; I believe the park was fairly new at the time of the cache placement.&nbsp; I know that if I had seen a "NO TRESSPASSING" sign I would have posted a note on the cache page.&nbsp; I know that other high profile cachers would have done the same.&nbsp; It's possible that the signs were not posted until recently.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Since there are "NO TRESSPASSING" signs posted at the park,&nbsp;I agree with your <EM>note</EM> for the&nbsp;cache&nbsp;to be archived.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rand (RandMan)&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message -----</DIV>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt Arial; COLOR: black"><STRONG>From: Ford, Denny</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, February 16, 2004 4:24 PM</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B> 'listserv@azgeocaching.com'</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching]<STRONG> No Tresspassing Signs</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=937424822-16022004>&nbsp;I know that I have been out of the loop in Geocaching for a while, <U>but since when is it ok to place a</U> <U>cache in an area clearly marked NO Trespassing</U>.&nbsp; <STRONG>Refer to cache GCE770- A Brick In Stalingrad</STRONG>.&nbsp; I tried to visit this cache on January 31st, and within 200 feet of where the cache should have been was not one but two NO Trespassing signs.&nbsp; I am sorry but this is what gives Geocachers a bad name, as bad as the Geotrashers we were label by the Arizona Repulsive article.&nbsp; Am I totally off base?&nbsp; This one happened to be on my way home, but if this would have been out where I drove miles to get to it and find out it was on private property I would have been irritated to say the least.&nbsp; I have seen a&nbsp; few caches lately place in community areas where the No Trespassing signs say for residents of HOA only but no permissions are posted on the websites.&nb
 sp; I
 want to hear the feelings of others .</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=937424822-16022004></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=937424822-16022004>Ok I am down from my soap box, and have taken long breaths and counted to 10.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=937424822-16022004></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=937424822-16022004>Annoyed Tres Hombre</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=937424822-16022004></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=937424822-16022004>Denny</SPAN></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Finance: <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=22055/*http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html">Get your refund fast by filing online</a>
--0-2001117847-1077009198=:22677--