[Az-Geocaching] Who took my geocache San Juan Overlook?

Bryon Culling listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:38:06 -0800 (PST)

--0-118789158-1076481486=:14259

making them all members only wouldn't help the sport grow at all.

There is probibly a simple explenation for why they are gone.  could just be that they got tossed out with the trash when someone did a trail clean up or something like that.  You'd think that if someone were stealing them, all the cashes in the target area would be gone.  not just a few or the ones owned buy a single person.   But with everything people do to have fun and pass the time, you will find assholes who take fun in messign things up for others.  those people would be there if you made ever cache a members only cash.

My question is how come there isn't any caches out around any of the populer offraod trails around town.  there are alot of cool places out there that you can only get to with a 4x4 yet there isn't any cashes out there.  the only 4x4 caches I know of are out near qwartzsite in and around the Kofa wilderness.  thats a bit of a drive from Phoenix.

Ken Akerman <ken@highpointer.com> wrote:
This is the reason why I feel that most caches should be Members-Only, to reduce the risk of
"rogue geocachers" looting and stealing well-hidden caches.

--0-118789158-1076481486=:14259

<DIV>making them all members only wouldn't help the sport grow at all.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There is probibly a simple explenation for why they are gone.&nbsp; could just be that they got tossed out with the trash when someone did a trail clean up or something like that.&nbsp; You'd think that if someone were stealing them, all the cashes in the target area would be gone.&nbsp; not just a few or the ones owned buy a single person.&nbsp;&nbsp; But with everything people do to have fun and pass the time, you will find assholes who take fun in messign things up for others.&nbsp; those people would be there if you made ever cache a members only cash.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My question is how come there isn't any caches out around any of the populer offraod trails around town.&nbsp; there are alot of cool places out there that you can only get to with a 4x4 yet there isn't any cashes out there.&nbsp; the only 4x4 caches I know of are out near qwartzsite in and around&nbsp;the Kofa wilderness.&nbsp; thats a bit of a drive from Phoenix.&nbsp; <BR><BR><B><I>Ken Akerman &lt;ken@highpointer.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">This is the reason why I feel that most caches should be Members-Only, to reduce the risk of<BR>"rogue geocachers" looting and stealing well-hidden caches.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Finance: <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=22055/*http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html">Get your refund fast by filing online</a>
--0-118789158-1076481486=:14259--