[Az-Geocaching] Missing Caches from AZGeocaching

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 08:10:24 -0800

>From: "Steven Stringham" <sstringh@stringham-family.org>
>To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Missing Caches from AZGeocaching
>Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 05:07:20 -0700 (MST)
>
>I have placed a couple of caches that are not listed on the AZGeocache
>sites stats. GCHKJV, and GCHF51.
>
>I also am noticing a number of other ones as well. GCHKJV to name one,
>which I did the other day.
>
>I am planning a family outing this weekend to Tombstone. In centering my
>search on GCF147 - O.K. CORRAL, I get a listing from the Geocaching site.
>But, when I do the same thing from the planning screen on AZGeocaching, I
>am missing a few caches. GCH9HY, GCH85X, GCHH92, and GCH6QR. All these
>have been placed since November 2003.
>
>Any ideas from our WONDERFUL, TERRIFIC, FANTASTIC, web site operators?  I
>don't mean to complain. But....
>
>Thank you
>Steven Stringham
>StringCachers

Yea, I have noticed the same thing. This is kinda wierd actually. There are
many caches that are 'there', but dont show up on the Azgeocaching.com data
files (team spec files). For instance, a few of AZCachemeister's dont show
up. Also, a cache called Top of the Rocks, by Team 360, which is on top of
South Mountain. That cache has been there for probably 4-6 months and I
never knew it was up there! (even though I have made a couple of trips up
there for other caches during that time!) If I go into my 'closest to home'
on geocaching.com, it shows up. But, I tend to only use the team spec files
from azg.com and it has never showed up on my mapsource file or easygps
files. However, when you claim a find on one of these 'ghostly' caches, it
shows up as a find in your total finds column. Interesting!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and
beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx