[Az-Geocaching] '?' was Puzzle (no, not Puz-Zel) caches

ShadowAce hunting at shakabruddah.com
Wed Dec 29 10:50:19 MST 2004

I could be mistaken, but the information below is directly from groundspeak.
So I think '?' cache means puzzle not unknown container.

 I do know that some caches have been changing recently so I think reviewers
are adjusting them as they are found. I had one of mine changed to a multi
instead of traditional just by emailing an approver. I think if you have
found some that should be '?' you could email one of the reviewers and see
if it could get corrected.

Mystery or puzzle caches
The "catch-all" of cache types, this form of cache can involve complicated
puzzles you will first need to solve to determine the coordinates. The only
commonality of this cache type is that the coordinates listed are not of the
actual cache location but a general reference point, such as a nearby
parking location. Due to the increasing creativity of geocaching this
becomes the staging ground for new and unique challenges.