[Az-Geocaching] GPS cell phones

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 27 10:55:11 MST 2004

>From: Robert & Linda Smith <Lrsmith at cableone.net>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] GPS cell phones
>Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:39:19 -0700
>
>Rand,
>A couple of months ago we got the Motorola V60s on Verizon.  I quizzed the
>kid about the GPS part of the system and he was so vague even when I
>described our GPS and caching to him.  I don't see where they can have
>anything in the cell phones that look at all like what we are using for
>caching.
>Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite

I dont think that is what the GPS cell phones are about. They arent for
using as a GPS unit. They have some kind of GPS capabilities built into it.
I was told it is for 911 situations.. so they know exactly where you are.
Brian/TeamAI might be able to explain more about this?

Of course, THEY know exactly where you are anytime of day and anyplace as
long as the phone is on.. the way I see it. ??? I dont like it. Just another
attempt by our wonderful government to control our lives and track us every
step of the way, every day.

Scott
Team RTW