[Az-Geocaching] notebook GPS

Art art-azgeocach at artful2099.com
Tue Dec 14 16:37:35 MST 2004

You are going to get the most bang for your buck if you have a serial port
on your notebook.  Something that is becoming less and less common.  Most
GPS units still rely on this for computer hookup, but those that don't are
going to USB, which you more than likely will have.  This allows you to
use an existing device.  I hook my Rhino to my laptop this way and it
works like a champ.  Using an "external" GPS unit allows me to still get
out and about without the laptop if I want.

-Art-