[Az-Geocaching] The Fourth Biggest Lie

David Thompsen dthompsen at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 07:57:06 MST 2004

Same thing happened to me... my "finds" and my "hides" are listed under 2 different lines. Weird, but it's been that way for me for months on end.   There goes my cache karma! :)

--Dave, The Cow Spots

GREGG OBUCH <gobuch at prodigy.net> wrote:
Actually, when the stats got fixed we lost all credit for our hides.  Even though all our maintenance notes for those same caches show up.

Gregg of MO & GO

Brian Cluff <brian at Snaptek.com> wrote:
Team Tierra Buena wrote:
> Read the FAQ. This site’s come up with an interesting approach to
> gathering the stats it does without crawling through tons of bandwidth
> at gc.com.

Man, I wish i could do that to get the stats for AzGeocaching.com. We
have to grab several thousand pages to make our stats work right.
Before too much longer, we'll have to throw in the towel on what we are
doing unless we can get a direct data download. It's really stupid, we
have to grab a half gigabyte of data so that we can boil it down to get
the about 2.5 megs of data that we need to make the site go.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek

PS... how's everyone liking the stats that keep up to date all the time
by themselves.... or have they been broken for so long that nobody even
noticed they were fixed?