[Az-Geocaching] people "Finding" a cache that wasn't there.

ShadowAce hunting at shakabruddah.com
Mon Dec 6 07:11:13 MST 2004

That was exactly the habit I was refering to.. I never used to see this, now
I see it more and more often.

Cache owners choice at this point. You can allow them to keep the 'Finds' or
you can remove there finds.

I know a lot of cachers will say deleting the find is evil and wrong. "You
have no right to remove a find" but I would respond with Geocaching.com says
find the container, sign the logbook.

These people should have writing a DNF, a Note, or even a Should be
archived. But there is log, there is no container, there is no find.  Just
remember though, if you say its ok for them to keep the finds then you will
have no reason to be upset when it gets to the "I got to the parking lot,
thanks for the find" type of logs.

Myself, I would email the cacher and explain why I was deleting the found
log.

ShadowAce