[Az-Geocaching] Trimble Outdoors

GREGG OBUCH gobuch at prodigy.net
Sun Dec 5 20:23:14 MST 2004

They sent me one of their units to try out.  I got it late on Wednesday and it didn't get the appropriate programs downloaded until late on Thursday.  Played around with it on Friday and realized that I was actually going to have to down load the instruction manuals, things just weren't intuitive - and I'm an IT guy.  So far I haven't been able to really give it a good work out.  I had it with me at the Tucson event cache on Saturday, but with all the rain it wouldn't stay locked on the satellites.  So I haven't had a good chance to give it a work out.  I'll keep every one posted.

Needless to say, I haven't sent any testimonials to Trimble just yet.  I will say that MO really likes the Nextel i860 phone that the application runs on.

Gregg of MO & GO

Team Tierra Buena <teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net> wrote:

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/geocaching.aspx?rfr=gcc

Some of the local zonies are famous!  :)

I had noticed that, too. But what I found most interesting was the testimonial.

Here’s one short excerpt: “I typically go on multi-cache trips so I can load a .gpx file from Geocaching.com of all the geocaches in my area.” The team has a grand total of SIX finds, all in the east Valley, logged on GC.com. Isn’t even registered under that name at Navicache. So he/they are either one of those who quit logging online for three years (found their first cache in 2001, their second one this past August, and the other four in early November), or this is the equivalent of me giving a testimonial for LA Fitness, or … well, I don’t know any other “ors”. Any other theories, anyone?

Steve

Team Tierra Buena