[Az-Geocaching] Co Admin

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:21:18 -0700

At 10:00 PM 9/29/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>I have no problems with virtuals but I can see why they try to limit them.
>A lot of the early virtual where placed by cachers on vacation that knew
>that they could not maintain a traditional cache.  Many of these spots would
>make a great traditional or a stage of a multi but since a virtual was there
>that was no longer an option.

My only problem with making a virtual a leg in a multi is what the purpose
of the cache is.  I use my Famous Trees cache as an example.  There is no
way possible to put a real cache there, and the whole point of the cache is
to take you to one specific tree amongst a large group of trees.  If it was
simply a let of a multi, then the final destination would not be the same,
and the historical significance of that particular tree would be lost.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com