[Az-Geocaching] Co Admin

Carol King listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:58:17 -0700

I agree with Scott - CO admin  may be nice, but he sure is a control
freak! After trying to place a really neat virtual in CO instead of a
traditional as we are only up there once a year, I got put down for not
making it a traditional, and then he denied it because it was a
"vacation" cache anyway. I think their new rule about vacation caches is
unfair and vague - especially for those of us who travel in RV's
extensively.  What if we have a home state like TX because of taxes, but
spend our summers in CO, UT and MN(or others), and winter in AZ?  Are we
stuck to placing caches only in TX, and what is our perimeter, 25, 50
miles of our PO Box address or the whole state?  Why are they so against
virtuals, which are usually very educational and entertaining? I just
don't understand their reasoning, and what recourse do we the cachers
have?  Does anyone know where we can express our opinion? Regards, Team
Safari