[Az-Geocaching] opencaching.com

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 00:14:30 -0700

Andrew Ayre wrote:
> If I implemented a simpler system like you suggested, where all choices are
> optional, would you use it yourself?
>
> What could I do to implement a system on my own web space, that could also
> be (nearly) seemlessly integrated into azgeocaching.com and remove the
> development burden from you?

That's not the part that is a burden, in fact it's mostly finished.
There are a zillion things I want to get done before I call it ready,
and most of them hinge on having logins that directly mirror the logins
on geocaching.com.  I already have a way to authenticate someone's
identity without having to know their password to geocaching.com password.
It's mostly a big puzzle of code that I need to put together, and then
fill in the holes.  It's just a matter of time.
I really don't know of any way that you could host a portion on your
site, at least not with it being like I want it.  It will all be a VERY
tight mess when I get it done.... and will be using a TON of code from
gnoshing.com... which is also a mess of code right now :)

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek