[Az-Geocaching] Power Source Questions

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:57:02 -0700

I have been using the generic cig lighter adpter for my Etrex Legend that I
got on Ebay for about 1 1/2 years now and it is still working well. It is a
bit cheaper made then the one you would get from Garmin... but you pay less
and you usually get less! :) I payed around $9.95 for mine on Ebay while
Garmin's sell for quite a bit more. The only issue I have with my generic
one is that the square connector (at the GPS) is wearing out and doesnt fit
as snug as it did new. But otherwise it still works great. If I ever bought
another one though, I would buy a quality Garmin one. As far as recharg
batteries go... I use the cheapie old fashion NiCad's from Rad Shack.
Couldnt tell you any specs on them, but they were cheap and I bought them
probably 2 years ago and I am still recharging the same ones and I use my
GPS very often and for long periods of time.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month
(depending on the local service providers in your area).
https://broadband.msn.com