[Az-Geocaching] Navicache listings

Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:08:31 -0400

------=____1063854511403_Q4UulDQF2M

There's always the "you have to start somewhere" thing, but with caches listed in 180 countries on gc.com, it's akin to someone who can only program in QBasic taking on Microsoft in the battle for desktop dominance.  Personally, unless they ban approval of ALL caches, I'm going to continue to support Groundspeak and TPTB over there, with the occasional grumbling when something ruffles my feathers.  I love the forums on gc.com (700+ posts should hint at that), so why try to fight a losing battle by trying to convert the world's 60,000+ cachers to another site that in all likelihood couldn't handle the traffic?

Brian
Team A.I.

> From: "Bill Tomlinson" <billtomlinson@qwest.net>
> Date: 2003/09/15 Mon PM 09:57:02 EDT
> To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
> Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Navicache listings
>
> I don't get it.  I took a look.  There are only 16 caches listed for Arizona
> and 11 are yours.  Obviously, nobody is using that site.  What's the point
> in double entry?
>
> CacheLess

------=____1063854511403_Q4UulDQF2M

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=391315401-16092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I
don't get it.&nbsp; I took a look.&nbsp; There are only 16 caches listed for
Arizona and 11 are yours.&nbsp; Obviously, nobody is using that site.&nbsp;
What's the point in double entry?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=391315401-16092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=391315401-16092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>CacheLess</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=en-us dir=ltr align=left><FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>
  az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
  [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] <B>On Behalf Of </B>J
  H/TEAM 360<BR><B>Sent:</B> Monday, September 15, 2003 5:27 PM<BR><B>To:</B>
  az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching]
  Navicache listings<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>I must say, I am a bit disappointed that there aren't more Arizona caches
  listed on the "other" site, Navicache. I actually listed my caches over there
  as well today, and it's very user-friendly. They even have easy-to-use buttons
  for handicapped access, parking lot, water, restroom facilities nearby,
  etc..when you list a cache, along with a better system for adding clues. There
  is no reason why you can't put your caches on both websites, I would like to
  see more support of this site.</DIV>
  <DIV>Just a thought, that's all.</DIV>
  <DIV>Jeff of TEAM 360.</DIV>
  <P>
  <HR SIZE=1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A
  href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=10469/*http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com">Yahoo!
  SiteBuilder</A> - Free, easy-to-use web site design
software</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=____1063854511403_Q4UulDQF2M--