[Az-Geocaching] (no subject)

J H/TEAM 360 listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:28:51 -0700 (PDT)

--0-2004155273-1063412931=:21568

About the self-imposed lifespan of my caches: not to worry too much, I am thinking of leaving them out for 6 months. Let's face it, most cachers will have hit it by then. Then I pull and archive it, and come up with a different type of cache in a different spot. Emerald had to go, the tree in which it was placed got bare and you could see it just hanging there by itself. After my visit with Dave Ulmer, I am convinced he is right about putting a limited amount of time on caches. this way it keeps the game fresh, and cuts way down on cache maintenance, geo-litter from abandoned caches, and damage to the surrounding environment. It will also keep me on my toes to constantly come up with a sneakier cache, to fool you better.
Jeff of TEAM 360.