[Az-Geocaching] Gasoline in Payson about 30 cents per gallon cheaper than Phoenix

Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:51:00 -0400

------=____1062982260141_ETlXgvWo(=

Ken, that's an excellent idea, and I didn't know about the fuel price difference there.  I've been avoiding caching for the most part because I can't stomach such a huge increase in my gas budget caching around town.  I could make a very full day of caching if I took off to the high country for a day and it would be a welcome trip.

Brian
Team A.I.

> From: Ken Akerman <ken@highpointer.com>
> Date: 2003/09/07 Sun PM 06:41:00 EDT
> To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
> Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Gasoline in Payson about 30 cents per gallon cheaper than Phoenix
>
> If you want to get out of the heat and go geocaching in a cooler, scenic area that is not far from the Phoenix area, I recommend traveling up the Beeline Highway (SR 87) towards the Payson area.  Payson is only about 60 miles from Fountain Hills and about 75 miles from Mesa.  There are many caches near the Beeline Highway between Fountain Hills and Payson, the majority of them less than 1000 feet from a parking area and accessible by 2WD vehicles.  There are also more difficult caches if you like longer hikes.
>
> Azcachemeister and I put seven travel bugs in caches near the Beeline Highway and in the Payson area on Saturday, so come and get these travel bugs and move them around.  Perhaps the best thing about geocaching in the Payson area is that gasoline is about 30 cents per gallon cheaper there than in the Phoenix area.  Azcachemeister and I paid $1.689 per gallon to fill up my SUV prior to leaving Payson Saturday night.   Therefore, even if you don't visit many caches, you can at least save some money on gasoline by filling up your vehicles' fuel tank prior to leaving Payson.
>
> Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

------=____1062982260141_ETlXgvWo(=

<DIV>If you want to get out of the heat and go geocaching in a cooler, scenic area that is not far from the Phoenix area, I recommend traveling up the Beeline Highway (SR 87) towards the Payson area.&nbsp; Payson is only about 60 miles from Fountain Hills and about 75 miles from Mesa.&nbsp; There are many caches near the Beeline Highway between Fountain Hills and Payson, the majority of them less than 1000 feet from a parking area and accessible by 2WD vehicles.&nbsp; There are also more difficult caches if you like longer hikes.&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Azcachemeister and I put seven travel bugs in caches near the Beeline Highway and in the Payson area on Saturday, so come and get these travel bugs and move them around.&nbsp; Perhaps the best thing about geocaching in the Payson area is that gasoline is about 30 cents per gallon cheaper there than in the Phoenix area.&nbsp; Azcachemeister and I paid $1.689 per gallon to fill up my SUV prior to leaving Payson Saturday night.&nbsp;&nbsp; Therefore, even if you don't visit many caches, you can at least save some money on gasoline by filling up your vehicles' fuel tank prior to leaving Payson.</DIV>
<DIV><BR><STRONG>Ken</STRONG> (a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</DIV>

------=____1062982260141_ETlXgvWo(=--