[Az-Geocaching] Re: Az-Geocaching digest, Vol 1 #1492 - 6 msgs

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:40:16 -0700

Andrew Ayre wrote:
> That is odd. In my copy of Frank's email there was nothing below his text.
> However, if you look at the quoted text below at some point the unsubscribe
> information appeared at the bottom of one of the messages at least.

My guess is that the message is only added to the plain text portion of
the message.
Most people are looking at the quoted printable or the HTML version of
the message and the unsubscribe portion of the message is ommited.

At some point, someone that is set to respond using plain text, or is
using a plain text e-mail program responded, to the message and you get
back the missing footer.

Interestingly there are also a bunch of headers on every message that
can do all sorts us things to the mailing list if you have an e-mail
program that knows about them.
They are: