[Az-Geocaching] QuakeMap vs. USA PhotoMap

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:26:15 -0700

--=====================_140041448==.ALT

At 12:03 PM 10/12/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>You have the ability to communicate with your GPS to upload/download
>waypoints/routes/tracks, as well as import .loc (gc.com created only for
>some reason), .gpx files and .wpt files.  They are then plotted on
>terraserver provided sat images, and each cache is independently
>hyperlinked to its respective cache.  From each cache listed, you can
>'find' the closest geocaches, which brings up the gc.com page with those
>caches listed.  Soon, there will be direct PDA interaction.
>
>It's free.  You can also download and view over sat images recent
>earthquakes in any given area terraserver has satellite photos of.  Oh,
>and it's written by a geocacher.

Other than it being free, how does it compare to ExpertGPS?  I have been
using ExpertGPS for a couple years now and love how I can switch between
the Terraserver maps as well as Topo maps of an area.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com

--=====================_140041448==.ALT

At 12:03 PM 10/12/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br>
GPS to upload/download waypoints/routes/tracks, as well as import .loc
(gc.com created only for some reason), .gpx files and .wpt files.&nbsp;
They are then plotted on terraserver provided sat images, and each cache
is independently hyperlinked to its respective cache.&nbsp; From each
cache listed, you can 'find' the closest geocaches, which brings up the
gc.com page with those caches listed.&nbsp; Soon, there will be direct
PDA interaction.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
over sat images recent earthquakes in any given area terraserver has
satellite photos of.&nbsp; Oh, and it's written by a
geocacher.</font><br>
Other than it being free, how does it compare to ExpertGPS?&nbsp; I have
been using ExpertGPS for a couple years now and love how I can switch
between the Terraserver maps as well as Topo maps of an area.<br><br>