[Az-Geocaching] Charter Membership question

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 05 Oct 2003 08:51:33 -0700

A couple of questions for anyone who has a charter membership to
Geocaching.com:

1) On the membership/subscription page at Geocaching.com it says you get a
custom pocket queries of caches for my PDA. Is this just like the one
available at Azgeocaching.com? Can I sort caches for download just like I do
with Azgeocaching.com? It says it gets emailed to you. How long does it take
for the email to arrive once you have created your ebook? Finally, it says
you need a copy of Mobipocket Reader. Will the download work with any pocket
reader? (I have the one installed that came with my Palm software).

2) It also mentioned that I will receive a .loc file of caches to upload to
my GPS thru EasyGPS. Is this a .loc file of caches that I have requested in
my ebook only(mentioned above)? Another question: Is there a utility
available to turn that .loc file into a Mapsource file so I can take these
caches I download for EasyGPS and transfer them to my Mapsource instead?

For both the PDA and GPS files above... is it easy to sort/choose which
caches you want to download? Sometimes I like to download certain caches
within a certain area I am going to cache (within 30 miles of Wickenburg or
within 10 miles of my house, etc).

Thanks!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month
(depending on the local service providers in your area).
https://broadband.msn.com