[Az-Geocaching] GPS on Airlines

Jeff Moriarty listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:53:54 -0700

I do not think it is unique to American.  We stumbled across this rule about
a year ago, and since then we have seen it listed as part of the policies
for every airline we've flown.  I just don't think the attendants mention it
because it is a more unusual device and most of the passengers would not
know what they are talking about.

Jeff.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Cluff" <brian@Snaptek.com>
To: <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] GPS on Airlines

> Team Cache-Quest wrote:
> > I was on an American Airlines flight this week.  I was half dozing as
the Flight Attendant went through the list of banned electronic devices
(radios, ceel phones, etc.), but my ears perked up when she ended the list
with GPS devices.  I'm sure I'm never heard them specifically listed before.
I got out their magazine and looked up the list in the information section.
Sure enough, GPS devices were in the banned list.  I don't know if this is a
new policy or not, but I've used mine Garmin Etrex Vista on flights for the
past couple years and was never questioned.  I was on three other flights
after that one this week and the attendants didn't not mention GPS devices.