[Az-Geocaching] Off-topic?

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:01:57 -0400

Well, every now and again this apparently must come up, and being several months ago since the last time, I guess it's due.

Granted, this is how the listserv is described on the website:

About Az-Geocaching
This is a email list for discussing Geocaching in Arizona. To find out more about this new sport visit http://www.AzGeocaching.com

The last time we all went over this, I believe it was stated by Brian of Team Snaptek that the discussions didn't have to stay restricted to geocaching.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if I've already seen the joke or don't care to read it, I delete/skip over it without reading.  No more time wasted than what it took to click the button.

Now I WOULD have a problem with porn advertisements on the listserv, but if we police every little joke that comes down the pipe, we should climb our proverbial guard towers and get the .50's warmed up.  If it bothers you that much, take it private and don't shine such a bright spotlight on yourself and the other person you have a difference of opinion with.  It creates a bad vibe and often leads to some sort of hostile remark that everyone reads.

Brian
Team A.I.