[Az-Geocaching] re: possible false finds???

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:00:09 -0700 (MST)

Makes you wonder what they think they are gaining, and who and why
they think they are fooling anybody.
They seem to be all over the place, as Scott mentioned, in a new state
the next day, etc....
I noticed they had 169 HIDES as well, many now archived.
Could it be a family/group that lives in different areas, all logging
under the one name? Like that COOPER AGENCY group?
Or, creative faking like you mentioned
Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:41:20 -0700, Scott Sparks wrote:

I noticed something peculiar when this team logged Sprocket's 12 Step
Program
earlier this week.  I had been to the cache that evening and saw no
recent
logs. (I could swear their log was originally posted on the 9th but
now it
has changed to July 10th.)  When I checked some of their other recent
logs,
I saw that they had logs in about 10 different states within a period
of
less than two weeks.  Not impossible, for someone who travels on
business
a lot.  But, to fly into Sky Harbor (from Idaho), drive the 40 some
odd miles
to Apache Junction and complete a 12 step cache and then  complete
another
8 caches widely scattered throughout the Phoenix area (none of which
are
very close to Sky Harbor) seems far-fetched.  These included a couple
of
'strenuous' and lengthy mountain caches on what we all know was a day
of
extreme heat (around 110 degrees), a feat in itself, especially for
someone
from D.C.  Today, they're  back in Ohio and have logged a couple more
caches.
The day before, they logged a cache in Massechusetts and Idaho.  The
day
before that was California, Wyoming and, get this, New Zealand!  These
guys
must have their own Lear jet or something.

It sounds to me like they are doing some armchair caching.  They're
doing
a good job of reading past logs and finding what the cache is like and
then
writing something similar in their log.  For example, Malthusian's
Club 2400
cache  (a 4 mile hike) has this in the description:

'A rather steep
hike to a ridgeline with a great view, in the northeast part of the
Phoenix
Mountain Preserve. Plan on a couple hours.'

Here is Electric Shavers log:

 Yippie, Yahoo, I found it.
Took advice of others & did early this morning.
Everything was fine. Took around 2 hours.
Great hike & place.
Cords were right on, Cache in great shape.
Took & left nothing.
Thanks for the cache
ELECTRIC SHAVERS
Hamilton OH & D of C

Needless to say, I'll be checking my cache today to verify that they
did
(or didn't) sign the log.

-- Sprocket

  Some of you may have seen cache finds by a group called Electric
Shavers. Please check their finds.  There is some discussion on the
forums (fora?) that their finds "improperly logged". Those of you who
own caches they have hit may just want to verify the log entry.