[Az-Geocaching] Drought and forests

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 19:08:04 -0700 (MST)

Well, c'mon up here, Scott, the Prescott Nat'l Forest is open,
UNFORTUNATELY. The Jeep Posse will be assisting the Forest Service to
try and keep the idiots from burning down the forest and maybe
Prescott itself.

Moving out of AZ is always an option, Scott, but be sure to carefully
research any area you might consider moving to, AZ is not the only
place prone (in cycles) to drought and therefore big fires, and other
places have:

1) Hurricanes
2) Tornados
3) Earthquakes
4) Mass Flooding
5) Blizzards
6) Big Fires (California, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, etc...even Florida!
7) Major Fog (seasonal)
8) Tidal Waves
9) Horrid Insects (I lived in Louisiana, I KNOW)
10) Intolerable Humidity
11) Ice Storms (different than blizzards)
12) Freezing Rain (also different)
13) Avalanches
14) Mudslides
15) Sinkholes
16) Need I go on?

Az isn't so bad when you look elsewhere....carefully.

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott
Volunteering all weekend to try and keep us from burning....what are
you doing to HELP??

PS....my hubby "VStar" lived in Calif/Nevada/Sierras through the
drought of 1986-1992 and guess what? The drought ended (and then they
had bad flooding in 1997!) So, these things come in cycles, hang in
there!!!