[Az-Geocaching] Gasoline in Prescott; recommendations for laptop computers and digital cameras

Andrew Ayre listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:21:36 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C366F4.127337A0

Oh, I should add to that that it is best to buy the wireless router and
PCMCIA card from the same manufacturer. Otherwise if you have a problem, the
PCMCIA card manufacturer might blame the wireless router and vice versa.

Andy

--
Andrew Ayre          Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
aayre@esacademy.com  www.esacademy.com
PGP encrypted Email accepted

  -----Original Message-----
  From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Ken
Akerman
  Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 7:45 AM
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Gasoline in Prescott; recommendations for laptop
computers and digital cameras

  I have more than a half a tank of gas left in my SUV, but I decided to
ride my bike to work today to save the fuel for the weekend.  I have enough
fuel to drive to the Prescott area, so I intend to go geocaching in the
Prescott area on Saturday and will fill up with fuel in Prescott Valley or
Prescott.  A friend who lives in the Prescott area reports that as of today,
there is fuel at all the stations near his home and there are no lines.  He
is not a geocacher, so I would also like to request replies on the fuel
situation in Prescott from Prescottians like Lincoln and Trisha.

  I need a new home computer, and I am thinking of getting a laptop with
wireless Internet access.  Therefore, I can bring this computer with me
while traveling, look for caches in the places where I visit, and enter my
cache findings and travel bug movements a lot faster.  I would also like to
use my computer for downloading digital photos.  Does anyone have any
recommendations about the best laptop computer to buy?  What requirements,
such as memory, processor speed, and hard drive space, should I get?

  Also, I am also considering replacing my digital camera.  The one I have
is not working well, and I never liked it much in the first place.  I am
thinking of upgrading to something better, but I don't want to spend a lot
of money.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a high-quality, affordable
digital camera?

  Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C366F4.127337A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D634432015-20082003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Oh, I=20
should add to that that it is best to buy the wireless router and PCMCIA =
card=20
from the same manufacturer. Otherwise if you have a problem, the PCMCIA =
card=20
manufacturer might blame the wireless router and vice =
versa.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Andy<BR><BR>--<BR>Andrew=20
Ayre&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Embedded =
Systems=20
Academy, Inc.<BR>aayre@esacademy.com&nbsp; www.esacademy.com<BR>PGP =
encrypted=20
Email accepted </FONT></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com=20
  [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]<B>On Behalf Of =
</B>Ken=20
  Akerman<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, August 20, 2003 7:45 =
AM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] Gasoline =
in=20
  Prescott; recommendations for laptop computers and digital=20
  cameras<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>I have more than a half a tank of gas left in my SUV, but&nbsp;I =
decided=20
  to ride my bike to work today to save the fuel for the weekend.&nbsp; =
I have=20
  enough fuel to drive to the Prescott area, so I intend to go =
geocaching in the=20
  Prescott area on Saturday and will fill up with fuel in Prescott =
Valley or=20
  Prescott.&nbsp; A friend who lives in the Prescott area reports that =
as of=20
  today, there is fuel at all the stations near his home and there are =
no=20
  lines.&nbsp; He is not a geocacher, so I would also like to request =
replies on=20
  the fuel situation in Prescott from Prescottians like Lincoln and=20
Trisha.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I need a new home computer, and I am thinking of getting a laptop =
with=20
  wireless Internet access.&nbsp; Therefore, I can bring this computer =
with me=20
  while traveling, look for caches in the places where I visit, and =
enter my=20
  cache findings and travel bug movements a lot faster.&nbsp; I would =
also like=20
  to use my computer for downloading digital photos.&nbsp; Does anyone =
have any=20
  recommendations&nbsp;about the best laptop computer to buy?&nbsp; What =

  requirements, such as memory, processor speed, and hard drive space, =
should I=20
  get?</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Also, I am also considering replacing my digital camera.&nbsp; =
The one I=20
  have is not working well, and I never liked it much in the first =
place.&nbsp;=20
  I am thinking of upgrading to something better, but I don't want to =
spend a=20
  lot of money.&nbsp; Does anyone have a recommendation for a =
high-quality,=20
  affordable digital camera?</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><STRONG>Ken Akerman</STRONG> (a.k.a.=20
  =
<STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C366F4.127337A0--