[Az-Geocaching] No gas to geocache!

Gale Draper listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:13:48 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1631165717-1061237628=:9174

The news says it will be about 2 weeks before this is resolved and supplies return to normal. I can understand if a pipeline is broken, but it is fixed and waiting for the feds to approve it. The approval process could take 2 weeks.

The governor is having a news/press conference at 3 pm. She's back in the valley. Personally I don't think she realizes how bad it is. Mike called and said the one gas station he saw with gas has 4 Chandler cops directing traffic and keeping order. There were at least 50 cars in a long line down the road. I spent some time calling our politicians to let them know (politely) that I am concerned. Hopefully it will spur the governor/feds to correct this as soon as possible.

Maybe now is a good time to work on the puzzle part of puzzle caches.

BBUDCAM@aol.com wrote:
Budcam & Mary cancelled an Elk scouting trip to unit 10 (Williams to Seligman, I-40 to the canyon) because of the gas SHORTAGE. We also skipped out on caching. This was the first weekend in a long time we didnt even look for one.

--0-1631165717-1061237628=:9174

<DIV>The news says it will be about 2 weeks before this is resolved and supplies return to normal. I can understand if a pipeline is broken, but it is fixed and waiting for the feds to approve it. The approval process could take 2 weeks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The governor is having a news/press conference at 3 pm. She's back in the valley. Personally I don't think she realizes how bad it is. Mike called and said the one gas station he saw with gas has 4 Chandler cops directing traffic and keeping order. There were at least 50 cars in a long line down the road. I spent some time calling our politicians to let them know (politely) that I am concerned. Hopefully it will spur the governor/feds to correct this as soon as possible. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Maybe now is a good time to work on the puzzle part of puzzle caches.</DIV>
<DIV><BR><B><I>BBUDCAM@aol.com</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">Budcam &amp; Mary cancelled an Elk scouting trip to unit 10 (Williams to Seligman, I-40 to the canyon) because of the gas SHORTAGE. We also skipped out on caching. This was the first weekend in a long time we didnt even look for one.<BR>____________________________________________________________<BR>Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:<BR>http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching<BR><BR>Arizona's Geocaching Resource<BR>http://www.azgeocaching.com</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1631165717-1061237628=:9174--