[Re: [Az-Geocaching] Revisiting caches over and over to get a TB?]

Mark Heitowit listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:24:40 -0700

Usually the only time I go back to revisit a cache to pick up a bug is before
leaving town. I then look for bugs to transport to where I am travelling. I
also look during my travels to be able to move bugs back here.  Also if I have
been holding onto a bug for too long (usually due to lack of time to go
caching), I will quickly revisit a previously found cache to drop a bug off.
Hopefully it all evens out.

Also everyone plays the game for their own reasons and goals.

BBUDCAM@aol.com wrote:

> People geocache for many reasons, and they get pleasure from different
things. Some people will only find easy ones, some people love to make/find
puzzle caches,etc. Some people are really into moving bugs around. I think
that if someone is going to a cache over and over to retrieve bugs they are
going to other caches equally and therefore the chances of a new guy or
someone just finding a cache bumping into bugs is about the same.
> Also, if someone is going to caches they have been to , they are probably
helping to maintain the cache.
> just a couple of cents rattling around in my skull.
> Budcam
>

> In a message dated 8/1/2003 2:03:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, IFISHAZ
writes:

> > Hi all IFISHAZ here,
> > Ok, well I feel this is a subject that needs some public debate (if it has
had debate before, sorry it was before I became a geocacher). What is your
(other cachers) feelings on geocachers returning to caches (sometimes very
repeatedly) they have found previously just to get a Travel Bug? I personally
think it is wrong, once you have found a cache there is no fun / adventure /
difficulty, to keep going back to it. Also by returning to a cache you know
where it is to get a TB, you cut chances of a new visitor to that cache having
a legitimate find of a TB. Also it cuts down potential new visitors to a cache
who may have went looking for a bug, but it is gone because a cacher who has
been there before takes it. I think that finding geocaches should be the main
goal and if you get a TB when you find a cache, cool bonus. Not find geocaches
so you can locate them and rush straight to them when a TB has