[Az-Geocaching] Arizona Geocachers' Shame

Brian LaFrance listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:03:15 -0700

A couple hundred would be hard in Illinois.   I was there for a week at
Christmas and found that even their urban caches (which were actually within
their forest preserves) took quite a bit of hiking.  There were even a
couple that were only about 100 yards from the road but required a 2+ mile
hike to cross the river that was between the road and the caches.  We're
spoiled here in AZ since our washes and rivers rarely hinder our caching
outings.  Another problem we had was that the drive between caches took a
lot longer than it would here in Arizona.  It made me appreciate how easy
most caches here in Arizona are to get.

Brian
Team LeapLab

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Scott
Sparks
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 12:07 AM
To: az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Arizona Geocachers' Shame

I don't know how many of you (if any) noticed that last month (March) an
'out-of-towner' breezed into the Phoenix metro area and swiftly blew
away the record for the most Arizona Caches Found in One Month.   At the
time, we heard a lot of grumbling from others like, '"Sure, if we didn't
already have so many finds, we could do that." We, of Team Sprocket,
were apalled that a cacher from out of  state should hold an Arizona
record. :-[  In an effort to disperse the dark cloud of shame that
hovered over all  Arizona cachers, we have consequently rectified that
revoltin' development.  No need to thank us. :-D  It's our pleasure to
represent the Arizona Geocaching community.  Now, who's up for spending
next month in Illinois, picking up a couple hundred caches? ;-)

-- Team Sprocket