[Az-Geocaching] Fire restrictions

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:31:38 -0700 (MST)

All I have heard right now on the news is starting May 7, it will be a
"NO Fires NO Campfires NO smoking" restrictions from Yuma on up the
River area.

Our Forest Service guy spoke with us on Sat at training (we had camp
evacuation training for the 20 plus summer camps in the urban/forest
interface area) and said that no date is set YET to start
restrictions. They try everything else before actual closures, but
everybody is going to be extra careful. He said the New Mexico is BONE
dry (worse than us, apparently) and that about a week after they start
having fires, look out around here.

Sunday we had more evac training, as our Jeep Posse is helping to
train some of the other volunteer groups. Channel 2 (NBC) from
Flagstaff was there and I was actually on the 10 pm News on Sunday
night! (Sitting in the command/communication vehicle)

If I hear anything I will post.

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:19:16 -0700, "Jerry Nelson" wrote:

I believe this is only near the Colorado River on
Arizona's western border.