[Az-Geocaching] Cache on Pima Campus

RAND HARDIN listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:19:23 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C30E38.CE63A4A0

I'm not familiar with the area, but it shouldn't be too difficult doing a=
 search of the caches that were placed on the campus.  I'm wondering why =
geocaching.com archived Scott's cache!  Is it possible Scott's cache was =
the closest to where this cache was found - and possibly this found cache=
 is not even one of our caches, but belongs to a different caching group?

Rand (RandMan)

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Cluff
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 10:05 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Cache on Pima Campus

That sounds like a very nice and understanding officer considering that =20
he briefly had the crap scared out of him.
Which ever cache it is, it's nice to have level headed people out there.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek

Scott Wood wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I returned from a camping trip this weekend to find that my What A =20
> Cache had been archived by the geocaching.com admins because it was =20
> found by the Pima Comm. College Police and was in their property =20
> room.  I was a little confused about this since What A Cache is not on =20
> PCC property.  I just heard back from the guy over at the PCC police =20
> department and I am now pretty sure that this was NOT my What A Cache, =20
> but some other cache out there.  The following is the message that I =20
> recieved, I hope that it will narrow down which cache this is so that =20
> the owner can go claim it.

> Hi Scott,
> Yesterday, a biology instructor and her class found the cache and =20
> thought it may have been a pipe bomb.
> I responded and found the cache underneath a tree mostly covered. =20
> After careful moving of the debris, we realized what we were dealing =20
> with. Still, we were not 100% sure what we were opening was safe. I =20
> would rather not be placed in that position if I don't have to. The =20
> Cache was not found on A mountain but 200 yards northeast of the Pima =20
> college baseball field- in a not so public college desert.
> I placed the Cache in our found property room here at pima college =20
> west campus police office. It will be kept here for one month than =20
> moved to our district office for two more months. Please call me at =20
> 206-2700 Mon-thu until 4:00 pm.
> I have no problem you placing your cache on our property if you can =20
> somehow make the cache less menacing looking.
> Thanks for understanding,
> Officer Roger Early
> West Campus Liaison.
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
------------------------

> Scott
>
> scott@myblueheaven.com
> www.myblueheaven.com

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C30E38.CE63A4A0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>I'm not famili=
ar with the area, but it shouldn't be too difficult doing a search of the=
 caches that were placed on the campus.&nbsp; I'm wondering why geocachin=
g.com archived Scott's cache!&nbsp; Is it possible Scott's cache was the =
closest to where this cache was found - and possibly this found cache is =
not even one of <U>our</U> caches, but belongs to a different caching gro=
up?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Rand (RandMan)</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <=
BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5=
px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV style=3D"FON=
T: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message -----</DIV> <DIV style=3D"BACKGROUN=
D: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt Arial; COLOR: black"><B>From:</B> Brian Cluff</DIV=
> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, April 29, 2003 10=
:05 AM</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B> listserv@azgeocac=
hing.com</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Az-Ge=
ocaching] Cache on Pima Campus</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>That sounds like a =
very nice and understanding officer considering that <BR>he briefly had t=
he crap scared out of him.<BR>Which ever cache it is, it's nice to have l=
evel headed people out there.<BR><BR>Brian Cluff<BR>Team Snaptek<BR><BR>S=
cott Wood wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Hi everyone,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; I returned from=
 a camping trip this weekend to find that my What A <BR>&gt; Cache had be=
en archived by the geocaching.com admins because it was <BR>&gt; found by=
 the Pima Comm. College Police and was in their property <BR>&gt; room.&n=
bsp; I was a little confused about this since What A Cache is not on <BR>=
&gt; PCC property.&nbsp; I just heard back from the guy over at the PCC p=
olice <BR>&gt; department and I am now pretty sure that this was NOT my W=
hat A Cache, <BR>&gt; but some other cache out there.&nbsp; The following=
 is the message that I <BR>&gt; recieved, I hope that it will narrow down=
 which cache this is so that <BR>&gt; the owner can go claim it.<BR>&gt;<=
BR>&gt; ---------------------------------------------------------<BR>&gt;=
<BR>&gt; Hi Scott,<BR>&gt; Yesterday, a biology instructor and her class =
found the cache and <BR>&gt; thought it may have been a pipe bomb.<BR>&gt=
; I responded and found the cache underneath a tree mostly covered. <BR>&=
gt; After careful moving of the debris, we realized what we were dealing =
<BR>&gt; with. Still, we were not 100% sure what we were opening was safe=
. I <BR>&gt; would rather not be placed in that position if I don't have =
to. The <BR>&gt; Cache was not found on A mountain but 200 yards northeas=
t of the Pima <BR>&gt; college baseball field- in a not so public college=
 desert.<BR>&gt; I placed the Cache in our found property room here at pi=
ma college <BR>&gt; west campus police office. It will be kept here for o=
ne month than <BR>&gt; moved to our district office for two more months. =
Please call me at <BR>&gt; 206-2700 Mon-thu until 4:00 pm.<BR>&gt; I have=
 no problem you placing your cache on our property if you can <BR>&gt; so=
mehow make the cache less menacing looking.<BR>&gt; Thanks for understand=
ing,<BR>&gt; Officer Roger Early<BR>&gt; West Campus Liaison.<BR>&gt;<BR>=
<BR>&gt; scott@myblueheaven.com<BR>&gt; www.myblueheaven.com<BR>&gt;<BR>&=
ching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Arizona's Geocac=
hing Resource<BR>&gt; http://www.azgeocaching.com<BR><BR><BR><BR>________=