[Az-Geocaching] Cache on Pima Campus

Andrew Ayre listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:28:42 -0700

"The Road to Higher Education and GOLF" perhaps? Other side of town though.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Scott
Wood
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 9:17 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Cache on Pima Campus

Hi everyone,

I returned from a camping trip this weekend to find that my What A Cache
had been archived by the geocaching.com admins because it was found by the
Pima Comm. College Police and was in their property room.  I was a little
confused about this since What A Cache is not on PCC property.  I just
heard back from the guy over at the PCC police department and I am now
pretty sure that this was NOT my What A Cache, but some other cache out
there.  The following is the message that I recieved, I hope that it will
narrow down which cache this is so that the owner can go claim it.

Hi Scott,
Yesterday, a biology instructor and her class found the cache and thought
it may have been a pipe bomb.
I responded and found the cache underneath a tree mostly covered. After
careful moving of the debris, we realized what we were dealing with. Still,
we were not 100% sure what we were opening was safe. I would rather not be
placed in that position if I don't have to. The Cache was not found on A
mountain but 200 yards northeast of the Pima college baseball field- in a
not so public college desert.
I placed the Cache in our found property room here at pima college west
campus police office. It will be kept here for one month than moved to our
district office for two more months. Please call me at 206-2700 Mon-thu
until 4:00 pm.
I have no problem you placing your cache on our property if you can somehow
make the cache less menacing looking.
Thanks for understanding,
Officer Roger Early
West Campus Liaison.