[Az-Geocaching] Anyone can be a Geocaching member

Eric Quinn listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 06:37:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- ken@highpointer.com wrote:
> Anyone can be a member.  It only
> costs $30 per year.   That's less than a full tank
> of gas for a typical geocaching vehicle (i.e. SUV,
> pickup, van, or full-size car).

Not everyone drives for their caches, there are plenty
of urban caches along bus routes. The transfer system
used to let people get on and off busses for a set
amount of time, I assume it still does, so someone who
can't afford a car and uses public transportation to
get to work could log the occasional cache even though
they couldn't afford the cost of the membership.

No one disputes your right to make a members only
cache if you wish but my opinion is that making all
caches in any arbitrary category members only is an
elitist solution.

Eric
Team Dragon