[Az-Geocaching] Re: New Numbering System?

Bill Tomlinson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:08:45 -0700

As he's singing...  "I've got, too much time on my hands..."

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of Brian
Cluff
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 7:53 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Re: New Numbering System?

Regan Smith wrote:

>I want the first kick butt one
>

>speaking of such things like updates can I bribe you to fix that little
>instate that reads out of state glitch? or should I just stick to the
>Jason bribe?

I assume you are talking about the members only caches showing up as out
of state problem.
I would be all over it if it were a trivial problem.  If we were to
subscribe the user that the system crawls as, it would instantly fix the
problem... but it would also publish all the data of the members only
caches to the world.  We need to make enough changes to the site to make
sure that it counts them without leaking a single bit more data than is
available on the official site.
Thats a "fix" that has the potential to shut us down if we don't do it
correctly.

On a different note, I  forgot to account for the first letter of my
word list not being a hex letter.. so here's an updated list of words
that WILL appear.

game gang gape garb Gary gate gave gawk gaze gear gene gent germ gnat
gnaw grab grad gram gray Greg grew grey Gwen Gwyn Haag hack Hahn hand
hang hard hare hark harm harp hart hate have hawk haze hazy head heap
hear heat Hebe heck heed hemp Hera herb herd here Herr Hyde hymn jack
jade Jake Jane Java jazz jean jeep jeer Jeff jerk Kahn Kane Kant Karp
Kate Katz keen keep Kemp Kent kept kern Kerr knee knew mace Mach made
make mama mane Mann many Marc mare mark mart Marx Mary mate math Matt
Mawr Maya maze mead mean meat meek meet mend mere meta mete Myra myth
Nagy name nary Nate navy near neat neck need Neff Neva newt next pace
pack pact page pane pang pant papa PARC pare park Parr part pate path
pave pawn peak pear peat peck peek peep peer pend Penh Penn pent perk
Pete pray prep prey pyre race rack raft rage rake ramp Rand rang rank
rant rape rapt rare rate rave raze read ream reap rear reed reef Remy
Rena rend Rene rent Rhea Ryan tack tact Taft take tame tang tank tape
Tara tart Tate team tear teem teen tend tent term text than that thaw
Thea them then they trap tray tree trek type vane vary Veda veer Vega
Venn vent Vera verb Vern very wade waft wage wake wand wane Wang want
ward ware warm warn warp wart wary wave waxy weak wean wear Webb weed
week weep Wehr went wept were what when wrap wren Wynn yank yard yarn
yawn year

And with a C at the beginning...
chafe chaff Chang chant charm chart cheap cheat check cheek cheer Cheng
Chevy crack craft cramp crane crank crate crave craze crazy creak cream
creed creek creep crepe crept Crete crypt Czech

and here's a list of words that have already appeard in the old hex system:
Abba abbe abed babe bade bead beef cafe cede Dada Dade dead deaf deed
face fade feed

Adding the C you only get one word:
ceded

OK enough regular expression fun on the words file :)
( grep -i '^c\?[GHJKMNPQRTV-Z][0-9CA-HJKMNPQRTV-Z]\{3\}$' words |perl -e
'while(<>){ chop; print $_." ";}' )

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek