[Az-Geocaching] Re: New Numbering System?

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:41:17 -0700

> Anyway, from the looks of it, everything after GCFFFF will be base 36.

I recall reading a while back that they were going to drop characters
like I and O to avoid confusion with 1 and 0. I think they were dropping
a few others and bringing it down to base 31 or 32. There was also
mention that they would reject or ignore certain specific IDs that might
be considered inappropriate (something like "GCSEX" might be on that
list).

We've come a long way from the time when Bob Renner could get a cache ID
named after both the cache and himself (see GCB0B).

Steve
Team Tierra Buena