[Az-Geocaching] New numbering system?

Jason Poulter listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:41:57 -0700

when you actually click on a cache... note the GC number it tells you to
use... it is different from the one when it lists all the caches. in a
list...

my guess... is he is going to keep the cache id number in the database
going up for now... to infinity... and the GC number when you look on
the localized cache page is some other number base 36 or something ( ive
seen some letter 'Z's in there... but the newer number is localized
depending on its oder number of cache placed within a specific country
or state....

eg...

cache number 7000 might only be cache number 200 if it is counted from a
list of arizona caches.... etc..

jason
snaptek