[Az-Geocaching] Any help appreciated

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:47:30 -0700

When we bought a new car for my wife in the fall of 2001, it came with
Onstar, kind of free for the first few months. We live in Peoria and it
took a long time just to turn it on. About 2 months. I beleive that there
was a cost either by call or for a block of calls. Once the free period ran
out we did not reup. I would suggest that you just get a cell phone. Some
are real cheap.

Barry

              Scott Wood <scott@myblueheaven.com>
                                                                To:                                         listserv@azgeocaching.com
              Sent by:                                          cc:
              az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.        Subject:   Re: [Az-Geocaching] Any help appreciated
              com

              Tuesday April 22, 2003 09:36 AM
              Please respond to listserv

At 09:52 AM 4/22/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>We are probably going to have to get another vehicle. We're thinking of
>getting one with the On Star System. Does anyone out there have it or use
>it? What do you think of it?  We don't have cell phones (personal choice)
>but we're concerned about contact in the event we need help when we're out
>caching.

I am sure it is better now, but I rented a car with Onstar once and the
coverage was pretty poor.  That was a number of years ago, and haven't used
one since.

As for cell phone, I would suggest getting one.  You don't have to get
service as the phone will still work for 911.  For that matter, you can
still get one, get one of the basic services and never give anyone your
number, nor turn it on for that matter unless you are in an emergency
situation.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com