[Az-Geocaching] Wyle C TB - lost for good?

Steven Stringham listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:56:39 -0700 (MST)

At Black Cave cache
(http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=41190&log=y&decrypt=),
the cache has been take by the AZ State Lands Dept.

And they don't seem to have notified the cache owner at all. If it was by
an archiological site, I can see the desire to have it removed. But, why
did they not communicate with the owner of the cache?

And secondaryly, Wyle C was in that cache (at least, according to the
logs). So, does the state need to release the cache contents to the owner,
or is Wyle C needing to be recreated and released anew?

While we have a responsibilty to keep our caches from the arch. sites,
does the government have no responsibilities here? Or, does the note that
was left constitute notification?

>From the logs:
April 14 by WhereRWee? (258 found)
Sounds like the AZ Land department did not like this one. They never sent
me a note advising of the sensitive nature of the cache placement so I
have disable it.

April 13 by seigell (seigell) (17 found)
Made the hike up from Cow Creek Rd ( 3.7 Mi RT ). Saw some burros, some
javellina, a snake ( no rattle ), and the cave. But, alas, no cache.
There was a note posted by the AZ State Lands Dept. about Black Cave being
an Archeological Site under seurveillance. And a baggie with half of a
GeoCache form stating the Cache had been Removed on 3/5/03 by a T.D.P.

Steven Stringham
StringCachers