[Az-Geocaching] Re:No finds.

xWaterLilyx listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 19:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Scott Wood <scott@myblueheaven.com> wrote:
> At 07:11 AM 4/19/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >somebody said previously all my logs are together
> and
> >you can get my whole story in one shot, and it
> 'fixes'
> >my no find log.
>
> This is something that I have never actually
> understood.  Why is there a
> need to "fix" a no find log?  That attempted find of
> a cache is a very
> valid part of that caches history.  Just as later
> finding it.  The logs
> should not be together, they should reflect the
> actual dates that you
> either could not find the cache, and the actual date
> that you returned and
> did find it.  I have always been opposed to
> revisionist history in real
> life, I guess I am in geocaching too. :-)

--------------------
I do it that way because I like personally like to see
all my logs together when I go back to reread them or
something.  Instead of having to look for them or
scroll through the other logs.  I don't really care
what my numbers are but do it for my own convience, it
still has the date and whatever I wrote for my 'no
find' log so I don't really see a big deal about it.
I'm not changing the history of finding it or not
finding it, just keeping all my personal history about
that cache together in one spot.

=====
xWaterLilyx & RTF
Team H20