[Az-Geocaching] Logging no-finds when I made a thorough, unsuccessful search attempt

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:44:42 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1794435259-1050695082=:47477

Scott Wood (a.k.a. MyBlueHeaven) wrote: I agree.  I always log my no finds.  I do know that there are also people
who delete their no find logs after they do find the cache later, but I see
that as cheating the cache of it's actual history. I usually log no-finds, but not all the time.  If I made a serious effort to find the cache and the cache has not been archived or suspended, then I will log a no-find.  However, if I search for only a few minutes because I don't have much time or there are too many people at an urban cache site, and don't perform what I feel is a thorough search, then I won't log the no-find.  Sometimes I include a note in this instance.
My record of no-finds provides me with a list of caches that I need to return to find, because I don't like to leave any caches unfound close to my home.  If I find a cache after recording a no-find, then I will delete the previous no-find but include excerpts from that entry in my current found log entry.  Therefore, the cache is no longer listed among my unfound caches (because it now has been found), but the most important part of the historical information is preserved. Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)
--0-1794435259-1050695082=:47477

<DIV><EM><STRONG>Scott Wood</STRONG>&nbsp;(a.k.a. <STRONG>My<FONT color=#0060bf>Blue</FONT>Heaven</STRONG>) wrote:</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>I agree.&nbsp; I always log my no finds.&nbsp; I do know that there are also people <BR>who delete their no find logs after they do find the cache later, but I see <BR>that as cheating the cache of it's actual history.</EM></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I usually log no-finds, but not all the time.&nbsp; If I made a serious effort to find the cache and the cache has not been archived or suspended, then I will log a no-find.&nbsp; However, if I search for only a few minutes because I don't have much time or there are too many people at an urban cache site, and don't perform what I feel is a thorough search, then I won't log the no-find.&nbsp; Sometimes I include a note in this instance.&nbsp; <BR></DIV>
<DIV>My record of no-finds provides me with a list of caches that I need to return to find, because I don't like to leave any caches unfound close to my home.&nbsp; If I find a cache after recording a no-find, then I will delete the previous no-find but include excerpts from that entry in my current found log entry.&nbsp; Therefore, the cache is no longer listed among my unfound caches (because it now has been found), but the most important part of the historical information is preserved.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Ken</STRONG> (a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</DIV>
--0-1794435259-1050695082=:47477--