[Az-Geocaching] Why the loss of Respect, thoughts for Highpointer...

Regan Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 14:25:50 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C300FF.6AD65E00

I have come to the conclusion that I may never become a Member by paying =
the $30 a year, and yes Ken you are a big advocate for doing so but =
since I have started Geocaching almost a year ago have always been under =
the impression that Member Only Caches were some sort of Reward for =
those wishing to spend the extra money on a otherwise expense hobby, but =
in that year I have only seen one cache that met that criteria the FREE =
Ammo can Cache, though by the owners own admittance Members probly =
already own a Ammo Can for a cache, so opened the cache to all,  the =
other Member Only Caches have come usually around the event of Cache =
thieves, being land managers, boards or plan ole' bad people. In this =
latest change again from your caches from being free to all to member =
caches has not only further my resolve to not join (for my own reasons =
other than this) but the loss of the respect I had for you. The really =
sad part is that you have some uniquely neat caches one of which is my =
son's favorite so far, but for now Team Evil Fish finds that I know =
longer want to be associated with those caches that are so wishy washy. =
I was thinking of deleting our finds but I am unable to access the pages =
to do so, so will let them stand.

Regan
The Fish from Team Evil Fish
------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C300FF.6AD65E00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have come to the conclusion that I =
may never=20
become a Member by paying the $30 a year, and yes Ken you are a big =
advocate for=20
doing so but since I have started Geocaching almost a year ago have =
always been=20
under the impression that Member Only Caches were some sort of Reward =
for those=20
wishing to spend the extra money on a otherwise&nbsp;expense hobby, but =
in that=20
year I have only seen one cache that met that criteria the FREE Ammo can =
Cache,=20
though by the owners own admittance Members probly already own a Ammo =
Can for a=20
cache, so opened the cache to all, &nbsp;the other Member Only Caches =
have=20
come&nbsp;usually around the&nbsp;event of Cache thieves, being land =
managers,=20
boards or plan ole'&nbsp;bad people. In this latest&nbsp;change again=20
from&nbsp;your caches from being free to all to member caches has not =
only=20
further my resolve to not join (for my own reasons other than this) but =
the loss=20
of the respect I had for you.&nbsp;The really sad part is that you have =
some=20
uniquely neat caches one of which is my son's favorite&nbsp;so far, but =
for now=20
Team Evil Fish finds that I know longer want to be associated with those =
caches=20
that are so wishy washy. I was thinking of deleting our finds but I am =
unable to=20
access the pages to do so, so will let them stand.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regan</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Fish from Team Evil=20
Fish</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C300FF.6AD65E00--