[Az-Geocaching] For the Caching gods

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:25:59 -0700

>we are a member!!! and we could crawl the member caches but we have not
>figured out an ethical way to do this.... if a cache is a members only then
>we can not go in and rip out the data and give it to everyone else here on
>AzGeocaching.com for free....
>
>one thing we considered is just pulling the cache stats... but not actually
>divulging the cache corrdinates or description... etc....
>
>what do you peoples think...???
>
>jason
>snaptek
>azgeocahing.com

That would be great! Just pull the cache for the stats, but not allow the
cache page to be viewed upon clicking on the link on your site. I just want
to see the numbers stay aligned.

I thought I remember you or Brian saying something about the
azgeocaching.com site itself had to be a member to crawl the MO caches. I
stand corrected! If this was true: I would propose this... each and every
one of us sends $1 to Brian/Jason so their site itself could become a
member... that would be more than enough to cover the membership to
geocaching.com and the rest could be considered a donation for all the work
yall have done to keep those stats available to us. If your site is already
able to grab the MO caches, then let's all donate a buck anyways! Either
way.. perhaps we all should donate the $1 each year to pay for Brian and
Jason's geocaching.com membership anyways. I myself have always felt that
their efforts provide me with everything I need to geocache in Arizona.

Whadya think?

Scott
Team RTW